Cloud Solution Extends Portfolio
- Cloud Services
- Custom Software Development
- Spring Boot
CTP had a solution in production that was developed by a third-party vendor with technical debt. This made the client dependent on this third-party service for many of its core functions. At a certain point, the client decided to implement version 2.0 of its product to replace the third-party service with their own implementation.
THE CLIENT COLLABORATES WITH SYMPHONY SOLUTIONS
The client came to Symphony Solutions to help them eliminate dependence on the 3rd party vendor and develop Version 2.0 architecture.
The Managed Teams at Symphony Solutions worked with the client to determine a staged process to achieve this:
- Conduct a set of automated tests to assess the current state of the product.
- Address technical debt with as little regression as possible.
- Overhaul the existing solution to allow for development of new features with reasonable timeframes.
- Plan and develop Version 2.0 architecture.
- Conduct research to determine the best ways to implement necessary functionality.
- Symphony Solutions integrated with the previous vendor’s team to build a set of automated tests to reduce regression for version 1.0 of the product.
- Next, Symphony Solutions took over the development and support of version 2.0, including a major overhaul of the codebase.
- Symphony Solutions also significantly improved project process by introducing Lean and Agile philosophies.