Product Development Increases User Base
- Cloud Services
- iGaming Solutions
- Managed Team
- Web Development
- Akamai CDN
- Angular 6
- Java 8
- Spring 5
- Spring Boot 2
This industry is robust and growing at CAGR of 11.4%
When Ladbrokes Coral approached Symphony Solutions, they were procuring applications from vendors and integrating them to try to create a harmonious mobile / desktop solution.
“To actually build a sportsbook within a year when they knew nothing about it was phenomenal. Anyone in the industry would say that’s impossible to achieve with an outsourced company.”
This type of product development carried distinct disadvantages for them, primarily:
- Dependence on vendors to innovate and release new features based on vendor priorities
- Inability to distinguish Coral product offerings from competitive entries, restricting brand recognition and business growth
- Heterogeneous mobile / desktop solutions, along with inherent performance challenges
- Unstable architecture
Ladbrokes Coral realized they needed to build a better product and to gain control over product engineering capability and priorities, in effect to:
- Innovate more effectively in a competitive market
- Build a strategic partnership with a trusted supplier
- Bring Lean and Agile principles to the teams
- Reduce engineering costs while retaining quality
- Own their own Intellectual Property
- Achieve consistency across development and release processes
- Build an engineering team that would:
- deliver Coral’s defined product and architectural roadmaps for a multi-brand solution
- work collaboratively with the Coral Product and Architecture team
- be fully integrated into the product team
“We have better engagement within our business because of the quality of the product they are delivering.”
How Symphony Solutions helped Ladbrokes Coral build a better product using AWS Lambda serverless computing.
Symphony Solutions helped Ladbrokes Coral build a better product using AWS based solutions.
Symphony Solutions’ does the front-end web development and middleware for applications which Ladbrokes Coral then owns and offers to users.
Symphony quickly became part of the Ladbrokes Coral team and built native applications for Android and iOS to allow users to bet and play from any device.
Symphony Solutions developed microservices data aggregation.
Symphony built a new architecture to support the dynamics of real-time betting, scaling up and back for increased high load during major sporting events like the Olympics or World Cup.
Finally, the combination of Coral’s Agile, CI/CD, DevOps and SAFe approaches to development and the Symphony Agile coalition group have helped ensure that the Ladbrokes Coral platform has the speed, flexibility, and predictability to stand toe to toe with competition.